Pride takes the lead in our plan to “Bring Back West Hollywood” and bring visitors back to our hotels, restaurants, bars, clubs, and brick-and-mortar retail businesses.
- Official designation of Pride Square as a main tourist destination
- Formation of an emergency economic recovery task force
- Expansion of al fresco dining and open-air festival experiences
OFFICIAL DESIGNATION of PRIDE SQUARE
Officially designate “Pride Square” as the name of the entertainment district commonly referred to as “Boystown.” For decades there has been a conversation about an official and more inclusive designation. This will garner national publicity, and there is no better time for West Hollywood to celebrate and share our Pride with visitors from all over the world.
- Repaint and add more rainbow crosswalks
- Create a West Hollywood Pride Walk of Fame with our Rainbow Key Award recipients and program events that are a celebration of Pride, equality, and LGBTQ culture and contributions.
EMERGENCY ECONOMIC RECOVERY TASK FORCE
Organize a broad coalition of restaurant, club, and bar owners, hotel operators, marketing professionals, the West Hollywood Chamber of Commerce, Visit West Hollywood, and other stakeholders to develop a strategic plan to promote “new ways to celebrate the West Hollywood experience.”
- Pride Square and The Sunset Strip as primary areas of focus
- Facilitate safe reopening of businesses.
- Expedite permitting and approval process for outdoor dining and retail use.
(While Lisa Vanderpump and David Cooley may raise the ire of some, they are masters in marketing with global outreach and name recognition. Let’s invite them to weigh in as well as Cecconi’s, Catch, Danny Meyer from Shack Shake, Craig’s, the Den, the Viper Room, the Rainbow, Slate House, and all others.)
EXPAND AL FRESCO DINING and OPEN-AIR FESTIVAL EXPERIENCES
- Expand dining into adjacent rights-of-way as a means to adhere to social distancing requirements.
- Explore potential options in addition to the use of parklets and parking lots to the closure of travel lanes and full street segments to allow for outdoor dining and retail use.